The Montgomery County Texas Chapter team of the National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF) received numerous awards at the Texas State Chapter Banquet.
The chapter was recognized with the following awards:
- First Place – Highest Membership
- First Place – Highest Golden Gobbler Percentage
- Second Place – Highest Net Dollars
- Second Place – Most Improved Net Dollars
- Second Place – Texas State L. A. Dixon Award
- Dr. Sam McManus Texas Volunteer of the Year – Lee Zimmerman
NWTF Montgomery County, Texas Chapter President, Lee Zimmerman says, “I’m very proud and humbled by what our chapter has achieved these past few years. These awards are a testament to our committee members, sponsors, volunteers and, banquet attendee’s of their commitment to saving the hunt and to saving the habitat, not only in Texas, but across the country. Thank you!”
Our chapter members worked tirelessly to assemble and bring to our attendee’s a night of fun and camaraderie, along with lots of games, raffles, auctions and prizes, while raising funds critical in sustaining the NWTF’s “Save the Habitat” and “Save the Hunt” initiatives.
“We’re already planning this year’s banquet …,” continues Zimmerman, “ … to be our best one yet!”